Friday, February 22, 2013

Hungover over the Ferris wheel

Have you ever felt so happy for a short period of time that even after the experience, the happiness would still sting and you'd be hungover for about a day or two?

That was how I felt when I rode the Ferris wheel with my friends during the Feb Fair 2013.

I've only ridden the wheel twice. Once when I was four, and the last was during the fair. That’s a 14-year difference. It’s a good thing because it explains my overreaction that I even had to blog about it.

Riding it was a spur-of-the-moment. One minute Ash, Cham, and I were roaming around the park, then the next we were waiting in line to ride the Ferris wheel. By the time we got in, Ash was screaming her lungs out to let out her anxiety. Cham was rocking us back and forth, which is why we got scolded. Rocking was prohibited.

Cham, Ash, and I chilling at the fast-turning Ferris wheel.


And then slowly, the wheel turned. Before we knew it we were high up and I could see through Baker Hall (which was nothing but trees, of course). On top, I saw the fair below shrink...and shrink...and then become big again as we go down. It was ecstatic and with the bright lights and music, it was like… magic. The Freedom Park was filled with busy people who looked like ants. There was the tiny sound of music from the band then the rest were the screams of Ash and Cham. I was shouting, “ANG SAYA! ANG SAYA!” for like ten thousand times. I kind of exaggerated there.

The fair below with teeny tiny ants.

The people in front were screaming their lungs out, too.

For some reason, Cham managed to take photos. Some were blurred, but do understand that she took it with a camera phone, and it was nighttime. All the photos here were taken by Cham.

Anyway, it was such a fun experience, being high up gave me feelings of excitement and fear, something I haven’t felt a long time. We went rounds for a while, and then suddenly it was over. Stepping down, I thought instantly that I’d blog about it even if it took me weeks. I also thought of buying myself a Ferris wheel, which is kind of crazy but fun and reasonable. Imagine, all the kids would come to our house because of the ride, and then they’d be so happy that they might even blog about it, too! But of course I still have to think of a place where to put it, and then there’s also maintenance…

Okay. Maybe—just maybe—buying one was expensive and unreasonable. Which is why I thought maybe in the future--in God’s will--maybe I’d ride more of them? And maybe I’d blog about the ride again because it’s the only reasonable ride worth talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment