Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Summer 2015: Four outings, four times the fun

This summer, I decided to go to every summer outing I can.

Taal Lake, Batangas

Papa's family live in Batangas. My parents wanted to visit them on Labor Day, so we did, and we took a quick swim by the Taal Lake. Although it was hot, we had a quality time talking while relaxing on hammocks.

I consider myself lucky to have such a place to go to.

Posing with the whole family by a hill.
We were just about to swim.
Morong Star Beach Resort and Hotel, Bataan

Ah, this tops all the rest. I asked Mom to pay for all of us, and miraculously, she agreed. It's been a while since we all went to an actual beach so I was pumped up. We all enjoyed the zip line and the banana boat (especially the banana boat! I was in front and even though all the water splashes ended on my face, I felt like a cowgirl so that was fun.). Only Jj and I went for the very boring kayaking experience.

(c) Bro Oliver kindly took this amazing shot for us. <3

Mom, Jj, and I also went island hopping. Papa was fast asleep half the time.

Just keep floating, just keep floating.

La Mesa Dam Eco Park

I thought I'd let this pass, but only a few days after Morong, we went out to the Eco Park in celebration of Gian's 7th birthday.

The Geronimo family sans my brother who took this photograph.

Don't worry, there are a couple of swimming pools and no, I didn't swim by the lagoon behind me,
A lifeguard saw me struggling to learn how to freestyle and taught my cousin and I how to relax by forming bubbles, three floating types (turtle, jellyfish, and back float), and the correct freestyle techniques. Thanks manong lifeguard, my faith in humanity is now restored by 1%.

Splash Island

A friend got hold of free Splash Island tickets and invited my brother and I to come with her and her family. I was hesitant at first after reading all of the negative comments about the resort from their official Facebook Page, but Mom said we should go and try to enjoy the slides, and so we did, and I'm happy we did.

My favorite is the Magellan's Drop! Moja and I went to it twice, and if there weren't any schedules, I'd have gone there every hour. My second favorite would be the Rio Montanosa, followed by Big Bam Boo, and then the Tausug Trails. Due to clothing issues (no, I wouldn't remove my shirt for this ride) we couldn't try the King Pilipit. (This makes me sad, even now.)

With Moja Maan and her family, sans Jj again who was our photographer. I kind of feel bad for Jj now.

Posing by the Water Wahoo.

Splash Island is famous not only for its water park but also for its rules regarding food and beverages--guests are not allowed to bring their food and drinks inside the resort. We went there for free but the way they charged the food was unreasonable. They only sell drinks in one size. It sucks.

So there there, all in all I had fun this summer. It was like making up for lost time.


No comments:

Post a Comment