Friday, October 11, 2013

Mom is my Yellow

The class was asked to think of our favorite color that would resonate our past or the present, and then write a poem about it. I thought of my yellow sarong, the one from Mom, and how bright it was.

The level of my creativity is lower than my grades so I'd rather not publish it here.

Essentially, it's about how my Mom is my yellow and how her whole person has been and always will be my sun. When the world was rude to me she was kind. She is flawed, yes, but for me I couldn't ask for more than what she gives.


My Sun and I.


I've been hearing rude comments about her. Those people who dare talk bad about her in front of me. It hurt me to the point that while I was telling this to Ash, I started to tear up.

I don't want to be like them. I tell my Mom what I think and she listens and all those badmouthed prejudiced people know nothing of her reasons because they don't tell her and she doesn't share.

And I remind myself to never be like them. I hope I'll never be like them.

What I hope for is to be bright to my family and the important people around me. It need not be the world. A few is enough. Even the sun can't light up the whole universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment