Sunday, July 21, 2013

OPLAN JJ: Helping my brother survive the demands of high school

As an elementary pupil, I always envied my classmates who had elder siblings to help them with their projects. My projects were all clumsy and stupid-looking while theirs were nicely done. I couldn't possibly ask my parents: they knew nothing about designs and stuff. It was just me and the right side of my brain.

Keeping those memories in my head, I decided to help my brother with his projects. JJ isn't an artsy fartsy and his low grades were mainly because he didn't submit his projects. At least now, he did as far as to ask me to do his projects.

First Project: The Scrapbook

His TLE subject is Computer IV and I don't really understand the need for scrapbooks (shouldn't they learn to use PhotoShop or something?) aside from that his teacher who sold the materials at such high cost would profit from it (This is a public high school anyway, so, pft.).
That's my Mom's bag right there. I have a messy workplace on the floor


This is my favorite page in his scrapbook.


With all fairness, I had fun doing it. I kind of missed the artsy fartsy stuff.

Second Project: Bible

I am excited to help my brother design his bible. It's meant to narrate his genesis and prophecy: from the time our parents met to his ideals for the future.

     
The front page of my brother's Bible. It is still under construction.
My (so-called) Masterpiece


The 'bible' is just a scheme of a teacher. Even though I could smell money and nothing but money from it, this was actually worth keeping (and I guess that is why other teachers made it a requirement even though they didn't sell materials).
 
This project helped me trace my history back from how my parents met, the wedding, my childhood, and the origin of my name. It's been four years and mine is still in one piece. It went as far as Los BaƱos so that I wouldn't feel so homesick when I couldn't go home.

I entitled my bible 'Crescendo' because life gets louder as we grow old.


My favorite page of Crescendo shows me graduating from prep, kinder, and grade school.
Good thing I haven't started on my own academic problems yet which I think is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment