Saturday, February 15, 2014

Feb Fair 2014

 My Feb Fair 2013 was fun but this year... this year tops all the other fair I'd ever been to.

 First, I got to see Up Dharma Down (UDD) live last February 12. We heard that they were to perform at 11 pm so Ash and I took a nap, drank our Swiss Miss (my other true love) and coffee to keep us warm and then marched off to the Fair Grounds at Freedom Park.

We jived with the other amateur bands and Mude until I felt my bladder getting heavier and heavier. Damn them coffee and Swiss Miss. We searched for restrooms, begged the guard from Women's Dorm, and walked miles to no avail until we heard the jocks introduced UDD. I mean, we were tired and heavy-bladder-burdened, but hey, UDD was so awesome!


 On Feb 13, we went to the grounds earlier at 8:30, this time with Cham. It was important we came across every booth because it was our last Fair together. (It also was important we cleared out our bladders before leaving, too). We were impressed by the fire-throwing acts and the extremely pogi kuya among them.

The only closest to decent shot I could ever get of the extremely pogi fire-throwing kuya. I'm so sorry my phone camera was low res.
We went to a photo booth. If you look closely, you'll see Cham and Ash talking at the wrong instances.



 We then enjoyed the ever fast Ferris wheel. It was still fast and all, but my experience the second time around didn't match my excitement about it. We rode the ironically very funny Horror Train. Oh boy, my stomach hurt a lot from laughing from that one.

We were sad about waiting in line for the Ferris wheel.

The Ferris wheel where all the screaming noises come from.

We were so tired after three hours of standing, waiting in line, and eating isaw but it was worth it. I don't have a bunch of close friends, just this two, and I'm so glad to have spent my two Fairs with them.

The both of them are gorgeous.

Ash and I feeling the grass beneath.

Cham and I spreading our skirts like they were dresses.
I feel both happy and sad about this. Happy, because Ash will be graduating soon and sad, because we won't be seeing each other in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment